Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Nature Doesn't Look at a Calendar

54
Write about changing seasons, that very particular time in the year cycle when it is not Autumn yet, but already passed Summer… Natalia has provided an interesting idea for day 54.  For more prompts, click HERE..
 
Nature clearly doesn't bother to look at a calendar many times during the year.  If it forgets to look in the fall, and pretends it is still summer, I won't complain a bit. We had the most glorious of all Septembers and it appears October is trying to match Septembers tone.  The days start out crisp and cool-but not cold.  It is not the cold where you suck in wind and your throat hurt, but the coolness that feel like you are sucking on a tin of Altoids-refreshing and cleansing. 
 
There is still plenty of green all around us.  Our yard is lush and long and almost looks like someone was out with a can of spray paint the green is so deep.  We are getting a touch of the yellows and orange, but not enough to be thinking pumpkins and turkeys yet. While lounging pool or lakeside in a swim suit and daiquiri by my side doesn't quite see to fit, spending a couple hours on the deck in lounge chair with a light sweater and either a book or my computer perched on my lap is not only doable, but entirely pleasurable.  Five weeks into the school year and I haven't had the morning argument once yet about grabbing a coat because it is too cold outside for just shirt sleeves. 

I am a four season kind of gal. While we get the early spring days that tell us winter will soon be a distant memory, the lack of color, the remnants of brown and grey, and the dirtiness of the last of the snow, masks the warm feelings.  Someday I want to to be able to pick how long the seasons last, by moving my destination to suit my preference, but for now, I am happy in this 5th season of Sumfall. 
 
7 minutes

4 comments:

  1. Great description! Love the image of you with a book on the deck enjoying the lush garden. Such Septembers sure are my favorite too! And I love your title, it made me click on this text first. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your post about trying an attention grabbing title. I'm glad it worked.

      Delete
  2. Tweesons ... the time in between seasons ... Spring ... Sprummer ... Summer ... Sumfall ... Fall ... Fallinter ... Winter ... Winting ... I think we're on to something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tweesons..I like it. I think we could petition Webster for official word designations.

      Delete

Have something to share? Your respectful comments are welcome. Spam and advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything deemed hurtful to others. If you are also an aspiring writer, please feel free to add your blog site or URL.