Sunday, October 4, 2015

What's behind the door?

52
Write about a door – wooden, glass, heavy, tall, Dutch door, garage door or a magic door (Open, Sesame)…
OPTIONAL: Work on your fiction and share. Read more about Rise and Write here.

What's behind the door?

I have little envy of the Real Housewives of any where. Their lives seem chaotic and filled with ridiculous drama that if not scripted,which I highly think it is, you couldn't make up.  The weekend get aways at 5 star hotels and personal chefs-who care!  I can meet up with a friend, a real friend, any weekend for a walk around a neighborhood and a stop at a coffee house, and sit down to a homemade pasta dinner. No, if there is anything I envy is the always immaculate and spotlessly clean homes.  Of course these homes are camera ready at all times, and come with cleaning personal.  I would love to live in a house in which I do not feel the need to keep certain doors closed at all times. 

 I know most people have the room of doom, the clutter room, the space with a head case.  I seem to have many of them.  Closed doors are my friends. I can spend a whirlwind fifteen minutes and get my immediate walk in space tidy enough that I don't want to crawl in a drawer if my mother in law shows up, but if she opened those doors, I might burst into tears. Those doors are meant to stay shut, unless I or a family member open them. A few months ago, we wrote about door knobs. Like my door knobs these are basic house grade doors-nothing unique.  But when they help hid my clutter, or my unmade bed and dirty laundry strewn shamelessly about the room, they became my ally.

6 minutes

3 comments:

  1. We are shown images of immaculate places, as if this was somehow what we were responsible for creating. Some do, some would if the could, some wouldn't, and my experience is that "can" or "can't", most of us don't. Why? Well, we'd have to ask everyone to know for sure, but I suspect that it just isn't that important ... REALLY important ... hugging your kids, snuggling with your spouse, talking to your soulmates important ... the magazines and TV shows were selling something. Not all of us bought it. But we often wonder if perhaps we would be better if we had. I don't think so. I've never in my life been in a truly HAPPY home that was immaculate ... we're not here in this life to tidy and polish, but to explore and to create, both of which are messy business. Leave the tidying to those who enjoy it as they leave the exploring and creating to us.

    Someday ... they'll tidy for us and we'll share our explores and creations with them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be very creative-I'll stick to that. I think there are some people who did just get the tidy gene. I have a sister who's house is immaculate at all times-she doesn't leave a room without putting something back to its rightful place. She certainly didn't grow up in a house or with parents like that-she must have the recessive gene, but she can sure have a lot of fun. She also though has at least one closed door!

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness there are doors (or curtains)! I understand. I think it must be a nesting instinct in us girls - that's the main reason why we would like our "nests" to look nice and tidy. But I sure don't want to spend my days cleaning and putting things away constantly. I'd much prefer someone else do this job!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? Your respectful comments are welcome. Spam and advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything deemed hurtful to others. If you are also an aspiring writer, please feel free to add your blog site or URL.