Thursday, October 1, 2015

Toes

50
Write about fingers (or toes). Do they belong to your character? Are they lean and long “artistic” fingers, or short and chubby? All of them in place? What are they good at?  I am back and will try and keep my end of the bargain, even if I only write 5 minutes a day.  Here is the rest oft the Rise and Write prompts at Out of the Writers Closet.

Toes

Toes are the most wonderful and the most silly of all body parts.  To look good poking out of a great pair of sandals, they need to be trimmed, buffed, and manicured, and ideally painted a fantastic shade  of color.  I have no patience for any of that nonsense, so my toes always look  unkept, and dry.  I was born with a partial web between my toes, just plain odd. I got them form my mom's side of the family and passed this lovelye trait to my son and youngest daughter. 

But, the opposite of weird grown up toes, are sweet and adorable baby and toddler toes.  What is better than seeing those first little toes on a newborn baby? I love to see the foot print of baby's, and see the toe print uniquely tied to that precious new human.  No two will be alike.  How fantastic is  seeing the curling toes as the toddler uses his toes, in a chimpanzee  like manner, to help grasp the floor as he steadies himself learning to walk. 

As the weather gets colder, I'll see fewer toes in my Midwestern home. I can guarantee you though there will be those hold outs that will wear open toed shoes until snow is on the ground. Not me.  I want my toes to be nice and snug.  Unless of course, I can slip away to a nice southern beach. 

8 minutes


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it the truth that babies use their toes far more often than adults? Toes became almost useless part of our body when we grow up. Though they can be quite sexy - just paint them red! :) And did you use to push your babies' heels so they open up their toes as a fan, or I am the only one who knows about this magic button? :) (There is another button to push which makes babies close that "toe fan" up!)

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? Your respectful comments are welcome. Spam and advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything deemed hurtful to others. If you are also an aspiring writer, please feel free to add your blog site or URL.