Friday, September 18, 2015

Cinderella-NOT!

I had a much needed break from writing daily prompts, or much of any blogging.  My last two blog posts on my other site were a bit naggy then preachy.  I knew the change in fall and school routine was catching up.  I am back now, and hope to have a good bubble or to of thought.  Rather than catch up with the prompts I missed, I'll pick up with today, day 46 (Sept 18) prompt. For more, visit Out of the Writers Closet Rise and Link page.,Write about housework chores, such as vacuum cleaning or mowing the grass. Who did it in your childhood home? When you were introduced to this work first? Is it something you enjoyed doing or tried to avoid at any coast?

I am not a fan of housework of any kind.  In fact, the main thing I like about staying in hotels is that someone else does the  housework.  It is not that I a lazy, it is that it just seems to be a never ending chore, and no matter how much we say we are going to stay neat and tidy after a major house overhaul, within two weeks, (despite doing the daily maintenance) the housework piles up.  To  be honest, this is probably rooted form childhood.  I don't ever remember not being part of  the house cleaning crew.  My own bedroom might have remained a mess, but the "public places" were always cleaned weekly, top to bottom, by my sisters and I.  Granted, my mom worked a full time job, and did a lot o car hauling us around, so doing our share should not have been a burden.  I remember it hen though as well.  The house would be clean, and then the next moment, not. 

The single most chore I hate more than any other has to be scrubbing the floors.  Scrubbing the floor screams Cinderella to me.  I hate the smell of the cleaning fluid in the water.  I hate the tip toeing around the wet floor afterwards until it dries.  I really hate when it is clean, and then that first sticky mess gets made, and it is as if it had not been cleaned at all. I never hear any chirping birds or cute little rodents singing me songs of motivation.  I just seem to find dirt in the crevices between floor and baseboard, so inevitably, I am on my hands and knees as the mop won't really reach those spots.  

I like a nice clean home, but I so rarely have one.  I cam home yesterday for work, and the first rooms you walk into had bin spiffed up.  I have my husband to thank for that.  When I walked around the corner to the kitchen, unfortunately, The floor was as I had left it when I left for work.  I will not be able to put it off any longer, so scrubbing the kitchen floor just rose to the top of my weekend plan. 

4 comments:

  1. I hear you, sister! Amen to that. I so need to write about hating cleaning and how it is such a never ending story. It will be therapeutic to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read Justin's comment and I'll double Amen!

      Delete
  2. Ooooo, yes, floors are the worst, especially when you're knees are not happy with you. We've landed hardware on Mars but not found a way to automate floor cleaning? Seems criminal. I know vacuum robots exist, but aren't particularly effective from what I hear, and they do nothing for scrubbing. The floor behind the toilet is my least favorite as access can be so particularly difficult. Clearly the inventors of the world have let us down here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? Your respectful comments are welcome. Spam and advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything deemed hurtful to others. If you are also an aspiring writer, please feel free to add your blog site or URL.