Monday, September 7, 2015

Peace

35
Write about feeling peace. What brings peace to your inner state? Is it being in nature, or being alone at home? Describe a particular situation when you are (or your character is) feeling at peace with yourself and with life. Rise and Write

I've been doing a bit more poetry.  I haven't made up my mind if I like it or not.  I used the haiku 5-7-5, but in multiple verses, and I tried with the Anger post, to just write, breaking the "story" up in four line sections. I've never studies poetry, so don't know much about style, but I know words and phrases  that I like, and though the topic of peace would lend itself well to a poem.

Peace

Families celebrating new additions,
Friends laughing in a pub, 
Neighbors helping each other,
Children playing in the park,
Teachers sharing their love of learning, 
Athletes shaking their opponents hands, 
Artists creating their vision
Churches feeding the poor, 
Leaders using power for humanity, 
there can be peace.

3 comments:

  1. Brief, simple, powerful, as the best in life so often is. Peace, it is our choice, and beautifully put.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both. I'm ok with my effort.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? Your respectful comments are welcome. Spam and advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything deemed hurtful to others. If you are also an aspiring writer, please feel free to add your blog site or URL.