Friday, August 28, 2015

Laughter

Poetry deserves another try with prompt 28 which is to write about a sound. Maybe you woke up from a sound. Maybe it is a sound of music, or an annoying noise. Click HERE for the rest of the prompts and posts.

Laughter fills the air
Is there any better sound?
Happiness rises

I love a good joke
one that makes my belly shake
turns giggles to roars

Laughter of a child
should be my morning wake up
my ears filled with smiles

On the worst of days
hearing a good laugh can purge
my ill tempered mind 

Laugh with me, I say
don't laugh at my quirkiness
rather, join your own

Laughter is music
sound of life, hope, happiness,
friends, family, peace.

3 comments:

  1. Laughter seems more akin to music than most other human sounds, and poetry more like music than most other human writing. So somehow it makes sense to write poems about laughter, and yet, making sense becomes irrelevant, as we read poems and laugh and just enjoy being alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss laughter! The one which "makes my belly shake"... Loved it, Sam, good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My ears filled with smiles" I love!
    Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? Your respectful comments are welcome. Spam and advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything deemed hurtful to others. If you are also an aspiring writer, please feel free to add your blog site or URL.