Saturday, August 22, 2015

Let it Rain


On to week four of Out of the Writers Closet Rise and Link.  Today is to write about rain. I love a good rain, and we are slated for one later this afternoon-evening.Natalia suggests we think about whether it is a warm summer rain or a heavy downpour, and whether or not I or perhaps a character are looking at it from inside. I am going to break out of my comfort zone and give poetry a whirl with this one. 


Rain hits my face hard,
blurring my vision to see
the wondrous new growth.

Drops roll from my cheek.
Glasses are an impairment
to see the fresh green.

Puddles fill my shoes
with the icy cold water,
but my heart is warm

April showers fall.
I walk when others will run.
I drink up the rain.

All snow has melted.
The dirty remains washed clear,
Spring has now arrived.

Let the rain fall down.
It does its April job well,
preparing for May

Rain hits my face hard.
My toes are curling from cold.
Yet, I walk and think.

Nature has rhythm.
Patterns no need to question.
Let the rain soak in.





7 comments:

  1. Sam, it's wonderful! Loved the feeling, you breathe fully in this poem! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't say I really stuck to the sketch format. This was several edits. I did like tying something different.

      Delete
    2. Remember that there are no rules. Writing a sketch is a tool that is supposed to help you to unleash your creativity and to show you that there is always time for being creative, even if only 5 minutes a day... I think by now we all figured out that we indeed have time to write even if we are busy, and always there is something to express, even if at first we don;t feel like it! This is it - this is the first secret of the craft I think. So if you have time (more than 5 min), energy, desire - then polish any sketch you want! Prepare them for your future book. :)

      Delete
    3. I appreciate the feedback. Like all things, we find time for what is a priority-writing has become that for me.

      Delete
  2. I think you're going to find poetry a very natural form for you. It flows well and evokes feeling. Kudos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Justin. Rain seemed like a good place to attempt poetry.

      Delete
  3. You started! Bravo!
    I like the rhythm with the rhythm of the rain.
    Well done. Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? Your respectful comments are welcome. Spam and advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything deemed hurtful to others. If you are also an aspiring writer, please feel free to add your blog site or URL.